Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Couldn't resist clearance miltoniopsis orchids

I stopped by a small nursery today to browse around and I stumbled across some clearance orchids. There were a small bunch of miltoniopsis orchids on a shelf and the bright orange clearance sticker caught my eye. They were only five dollars! I was trying to pick through them to find one to purchase. But after a while I thought, why just one? I ended up grabbing three. Each plant was $29.98 originally. What a deal! As expected for orchids that are marked down, the blooms are on their way out and are a little worse for wear.  I think they are still pretty and the plants looked healthy with plump pseudobulbs.  I have never rebloomed a miltoniopsis before, so wish me luck. Now I have a total of four of these. You can see my first miltoniopsis in this post: Last miltoniopsis flowers. And of course orchids they sell around here almost never have tags. If you know the ID, please let me know.

This red one has extra large flowers and is fragrant.  They are almost 3.5 inches across and 4 inches tall.

I thought this yellow one was a little plain, but still got it because it was fragrant and for the color.  I don't have any yellow orchids that have flowered. It was the only yellow one in the bunch.

And the last also has the smallest flowers. It's 2.5 inches across versus 3 inches for the others. But I like the more complex details and colors.  Unfortunately, I don't detect any fragrance.
Update: I did detect a fragrance the next day. A pleasant surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment