Thursday, September 14, 2017

Passion flower and other blooms

I can't believe summer is coming to an end. I really hate the winter. There are still a lot of flowers around. Here are a few. Enjoy!

The Passion flower has flowered for the first time.  This is the first season it has bloomed. I grew from seed two seasons ago. The blooms are so intricate and wild. They only last a day or two.  During the day, they are fragrant. They smell like some sort of insense.  They are supposed to be hardy to zone 6 but I'm afraid to keep them out for he winter. It's growing in a pot and I had it inside last winter. I'll do the same this winter.


In the picture below you can see the stigma is raised. Not sure why. Maybe it got pollinated? The fruit  should be edible I'll be deadheading the plant to save energy. It's too late in the season for fruit to mature anyway.











No comments:

Post a Comment