Tuesday, August 29, 2017

New phaleonopsis orchids

I ordered a couple of plants on eBay and revived them Saturday. They are small phaleonopsis orchids. But they are blooming size. The smaller of the two did come with a flower, but it was dried and fell off after a couple of days. Since they should rebloom on the same spike, hopefully another bud and flower will form soon.
I'm very interested in species phals and fragrant orchids. Can't wait for them to bloom.

Phal bellina 'TH'  (Right)
Phal (bellina var. coerulea 'Bessing' x violacea 'USA Blue')  (Left)


Repotted the orchids on September 3rd.

I used decorative orchid pots.  This is the first time using one of those glazed pots with holes on the side. Once it matures and roots grow through, it'll be stuck forever right?  No repotting I guess unless you want to rip all the roots off. Not sure how I feel about that. I guess we'll see.

The other pot is a very small glazed pot. There are no holes on the sides but there is one large drainage hole.

Both orchids were potted with a lot of styrofoam peanuts for drainage along with bark and charcoal. The larger pot also has perlite.



No comments:

Post a Comment