Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Last miltoniopsis flowers


I purchased an orchid from Trader Joe's on August 28.  Here is a picture of what it looked like when I purchased it.

On September 3rd it was almost in full blooms on four spikes. 

Today, November 1st I pulled off the two last spent blooms so this orchid was almost in bloom for two months. 



The orchid was labeled as a miltonia but from what I see on the internet it is a miltoniopsis. But it seems like people do use the name interchangeably. I see a couple of new growths. Hopefully I can rebloom this one. Please let me know in the comments if you know the name of this orchid.

Here is another orchid I bought at Trader Joe's.  This seems like the only place to get reasonably priced or inexpensive orchids other than a phal. If u go to a nursery the selection is tiny to nonexistent and extremely overpriced. I don't remember when I got this one but it has probably been at least two years. It was a noid orchid but based on what the blooms look like it is a Beallara Marfitch 'Howard's Dream.'  It currently has two spikes! ๐Ÿ˜„ I think there is only going to be three flowers on each spike which I'm OK with because I really neglected this guy and it is still blooming for me. See all the accordioned leaves due to inconsistent watering. 


No comments:

Post a Comment