Thursday, November 24, 2016

Orchid hual from Andy's orchids


This past weekend, there was a Friday orchid sale at Andy's.  A list of about 100 plants were 40% off.  I have purchased too many plants recently, but couldn't pass up the offer.  I purchased them online on Sunday, they were shipped Monday and I got them today 11/23.  I was a little worried about the cold temperatures at night, they dipped into the high 20's.  But all the orchids arrive live and well.  These genus are very new to me so I hope that I can grow them well. 

The plants were packaged very nicely.  It did come with a heat pack, but it was no longer warm.
After removing all the packing peanuts the plants are on the bottom.

Schoenorchis tixieri - A true miniature orchid.  And it looks like it already has a past flower spike.  

Paphiopedilum spicerianum - I think I count about five growths.  I was hoping that it would be in spike as this is the right time of year for it. But I guess I'll have to wait.

Neofinetia falcata (Onamisecai) - This has five fans as well.  So I think it should be a pretty mature plant. 
Leptotes bicolor - This one is supposed to be very floriforious.  I'm hoping it is large enough to bloom.
Chamaeangis (Microterangis) hildebrandtii  -  This had two old flower spikes so it is definitely blooming size.  I found a bunch of tiny snails in the moss, so I'll have to try and keep this away from the others. 
Schoenorchis juncifolia - Weeping plant that has blooms that are supposed to remind you of wisteria.
Sophronitis Cernua  - Smaller than expected.  I believe the bulbs are supposed to be about an inch, but they are a lot smaller.  I think I will probably have to wait a while for this one to bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment