Friday, August 4, 2017

First flowers on my Neofinetia falcata (Onamisecai)

I'm excited to see this bloom. I purchased it this past November and it's the first time this plant has bloomed. There are only two flowers. I wish there were more, but like I mentioned these are its first blooms so I wouldn't really expect more. I tried sniffing and don't detect any scent.  Neofenetia falcatas are known for strong fragrance, so I'll be checking back. Everyone always raves about how good they smell. Hopefully I won't be disappointed. The flowers are small but they still stand out. And actually the flowers are probably longer than the plant is tall. This is a picture from today.
The side view shows how long the spurs are and they curve forward. 
This shows a picture from yesterday when the buds had not opened yet. 
The flower spike actually snuck up in me. Since it's mounted and lives outside it dries quickly on this hot summer weather. I water it daily so I don't know what happened.  How did I miss a spike?  This is a picture from July 26h. I only noticed the flowers a few days before this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment