Friday, August 18, 2017

Rebloomed my first paphiopedilum

Paph. (Makuli-CurtisII)-Maudiae x Paph. Maudiae 'Napa Valley' HCC/AOS x Sib

I purchased this plant last fall (See Oct. 22, 2016 post) with a flower. I actually ripped off the left petal the day I got it. It was so upsetting. But now less than a year later, it's already in full bloom. I hope the flowers will last a while.



The new fan has a lot less leaves than the original fan. The leaves are comparable in size though. I wonder what is causing this? Does it need more fertilizer? I do fertilize but not regularly. It's in a south facing window so should get plenty of light for a paph.


If you take a look at the base, it is starting a new growth. Already a new fan for next years bloom. It's growing faster than the last fan. People say paphs are slow growers? At least this one growing faster than all my other orchids. My phals and vandaceous types only grow a couple of leaves per year.


No comments:

Post a Comment