Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Airplant blooming

I've had airplants for years and I think this is only the second time I've gotten them to bloom.  I purchased the one pictured below back in April of 2012. The blooming plant should be a variety of tillandsia ionantha. It did come with a tag but I no longer know which tag goes with which plant. I spray my plants frequently as it's ridiculously dry in the winter with the heat running. Once in a while I'll throw them in my aquarium. That way they'll get a good soak and fertilized with fish water. I can't wait until the weather gets warm enough to leave them outside. It's so much easier to spray them down with a hose and let rain water them. I miss summer! It's snowing out right now and that just makes me miss it more.



Update (2/5):
There are three blooms now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment