Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Pinguicula leaf propagation

I got a pinguicula during the MOS orchid show back in early November. You can see what it looked like when I purchased it in this post : MOS Orchid Show and More New Plants
Shortly after, I dropped the plant and the bottom leaves just flew off. The baby rosette also came off the mother plant. The leaves fell as if I dropped a deck of cards. I couldn't believe how fragile it was. I was actually concerned that I had killed it. I know people propogate them using leaf pullings so I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't think it'd work but I had nothing to lose. About two months later I have 6 leaves that rooted. So my clumsiness got me 6 new plants. The leaves are very thin and delicate. I'm pleasantly surprised and hope they grow quickly. Today I divided the little plants into three leaves to a pot. So I started with 1 plant and now I have 8!




No comments:

Post a Comment